Celebrating our Ofsted 'Good' Report!
We are delighted to have been judged as 'Good' across all areas following inspection on 9th and 10th March.
The report, published on 9th May, highlights the positive improvements that we have been making and notes that:
- "Parents and carers are overwhelmingly positive about the school."
- "Staff have created an environment that facilitates effective learning and takes account of the needs of all children."
- "Pupils enjoy school", are "tolerant and respectful" and "have a good understanding of diversity."
- "Staff care deeply about the well-being of pupils" and "pupils trust staff implicitly."
Since our last inspection, and supported by Tapton School Academy Trust through the Interim Executive Board, we have worked hard to develop the ethos of Aspire, Believe, Contribute, which is promoted through all of our learning and activities. We have developed a bespoke curriculum to meet the needs of our community and allow our children to:
- Aspire to excellence
- Believe in themselves, that they can be successful and make a difference
- Contribute to their class, community and wider society.
Reading is at the heart of our curriculum and a love for reading is supported through all subject areas.
Ben Ramsden, Headteacher, said: "Wisewood is a wonderful place to work and learn. We are a friendly, nurturing and welcoming school providing a village community feel in the heart of the city.
This is a great achievement for the whole team - staff, pupils, parents and carers. The school has transformed over the last few years and this recognition from Ofsted is a fantastic way to share improvements we have made both within and beyond our community."