Thank you for your interest in joining our school community. We warmly welcome visits to our school as we believe that this is the best way for you to know if the school environment is right for your child. Please contact us to arrange a visit.
How do I apply for a place at Wisewood Primary School?
Wisewood Primary School admissions follow the Sheffield Local Authority Policy and applications for a place at Wisewood need to be directed to Primary Admissions for Sheffield.
Information can be sought from the Sheffield Council website, or by contacting Primary Admissions.
Telephone: 0114 273 5766
The Sheffield Council website provides a range of information for parents on the application process - please refer to the information on Reception and the Parent Guide for Entry to Primary.
What is the deadline for applications for Reception?
Applications are invited every Autumn term (mid September / early October) and the closing date for submitting applications is 15 January each year.
What if Wisewood is oversubscribed?
In the case of oversubscription to a year group we apply criteria for primary schools as laid out by Sheffield Local Authority.
What if my child has Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)?
You should apply through the admissions process described above, unless your child has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan. All children whose EHC plan names the school will be admitted before any other places are allocated.
Wisewood Primary School will ensure it meets its duties under the Schools Admissions Code of Practice by:
- Not refusing admission for a child that has named the school in their EHC plan.
- Adopting fair practices and arrangements in accordance with the School Admission Code for the admission of children without an EHC plan.
- Considering applications from parents of children who have SEND but do not have an EHC plan.
- Not refusing admission for a child who has SEND but does not have an EHC plan because the school does not feel able to cater for those needs.
- Not refusing admission for a child on the grounds that they do not have an EHC plan.
What if want my child to transfer to Wisewood from another school?
The normal year for school entry applications is Reception. If you want to apply for a place at Wisewood outside of this entry year you can apply to us from another school.
Please visit the Sheffield Council website for more information and refer to In Year Applications (school transfers).
Our full admissions policy is available on our policies page
If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact us.