Welcome to the Parent Owls PTA page
What events have the PTA planned for this next half term?
Monday 1st November – Friday 10th December
5p Bottle Challenge (class prize)
There will be a bottle in each classroom, and we are asking children to bring 5 pence pieces into school to see if they can fill it. The class that has the fullest bottle will win a prize.
Friday 19th November 50p
WOW - Wisewood Owl Walking group
This walk will be more strenuous and suitable for dog walkers.
Emma Pickersgill and Karen Titterton will be on the corner of Sevenfield Lane/Ben Lane, opposite the main reception, to meet anyone who would like to join them after dropping their children at school.
Wednesday 24th November Race Night (Adults only)
Race night at the Wadsley Jack from 7pm onwards.
You can come along for a drink, have a bite to eat, have a small flutter or two on the racing and win prizes in our raffle on the night. We are asking that this is an adult-only event due to the lateness and nature of the night.
Friday 10th December 50p
WOW - Wisewood Owl Walking group Round-robin walk and an activity for little ones.
We will be taking a short walk and stopping at RIVA for a coffee. There will be an activity supplied for little ones while you take time for yourself to drink and chat.
I think this will involve Peter, Emma, Karen, Laura and myself as it involves coffee.
Friday 17th December 50p
Your child can wear a smashing Christmas jumper to school. The more festive the better!
Friday 10th December 50p
Christmas Raffle Tickets will be available from Monday 29th November.
Children can bring money to school where they will be allocated a number on their class raffle board. Prizes will be given to the children to take home on the afternoon of the 10th December. If the prize has monetary value, or contains alcohol, the children will be given a ‘winners ticket’ so parents can collect their prize from the office.
Christmas is coming…
Did you know that we can receive money every time you shop? Over 4,200 retailers donate money to good causes and all you do is click on the link below and continue shopping. It is easy. https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/wisewoodschoolpta/
One step forward is our new Facebook page. The purpose of our Facebook page is to provide an online community for parents and families at Wisewood Primary School.
However, for our page to succeed we will all need to follow certain guidelines.
Please adhere to the rules below, as misuse will lead to the closure of this page.
• We encourage you to ask questions and share information. We request that you keep discussions focused directly concerning our school community.
• We encourage posts that highlight our community’s accomplishments and constructively raise issues for discussion.
• When posting, please use appropriate language. Children can see our page.
• If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please check with the Facebook page administrator.
• Do not post about concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents. We will immediately delete posts that in any way put down or discriminate against individuals.
• Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified.
• Do not post information commonly understood as confidential.
• Any inflammatory statements that make allegations against individuals or organisations will be deleted.
• Keep in mind what you post is public.
• Any advertising for businesses is not allowed.
• Do not publish content as your own that has been created by others.
• Add any additional elements that pertain to your specific school community.
The PTA Facebook administrators reserve the right to delete comments and block users who are not following the rules stated above.
To join us please find us on Facebook at Wisewood Owls PTA @ Wisewood Primary.