It's another Snow Day!
But there are lots of things you can do, inside and out.
- Build a snowman. You could build a big one, a middle-sized one and a little one, just like the Three Bears!
- Make an ice castle, just like in 'Frozen'.
- Have a snowball competition, but instead of hitting people, see who can throw them the furthest.
- Make some giant footprints in the snow and count them.
- Use your magic finger to write some numbers or letter sounds in the snow.
When you get cold, go inside and have a warm, then...
- Make a hot chocolate and snuggle up with your favourite books to celebrate World Book Day.
- Make a jacket potato for a lovely warm lunch. What is your favourite topping?
- Make a snowy picture to bring into school for our Marvellous Mark-Making board.
- Go on the Oxford Owl website https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ and read some of the books about Biff, Chip and Kipper.
- Get your grown-ups to help you play Teach Monster on the computer or a tablet. https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
Take some photos and get your grown-ups to post them on our Facebook page, and have fun and tell me all about it when we get back to school!
Welcome to Foundation Stage 2!
We are planning a year packed with fun opportunities for learning together.
This term our learning theme is...
Will you read me a story?
We will be learning about...
- fairy tales and nursery rhymes
- goodies and baddies
- homes and castles
- magic and fantasy
- writing and telling stories
We will be starting the Rhyming Challenge to learn as many Nursery Rhymes as we can by heart.
There may be a prize for the winner!
I will be sending posters home with the rhymes to learn.
At the end of this half term we are hoping to have a Fairy Tale Tea Party!
You might get an invitation
We have a Facebook group for parents in FS2. Here you can keep up with news and events in class.
Search for Wisewood Foundation Stage 2017 and ask to be added to the group.